2021 MTB Camps
Stay tuned for more information about 2021 Mountain Bike Camps. In the meantime, save the dates:
Session 1: Mountain Biking – June 7-11, 2021 – $250
This session is intended for rising 4-9 graders with previous mountain biking experience.
Session 2: Mountain Biking – June 14-18, 2021 – $250
This session is for rising 4-9 graders and intended for beginner or casual riders.
Mountain Biking Camp
An opportunity to become confident with basic mountain biking skills over the course of a week. Starting out with skills and drills good for all rider levels, we will explore local trails, develop a base level of conditioning, and learn basic bike care. Campers will also learn how to care for themselves, the trails, and their fellow riders. This camp includes one to two field trips to other area trails or bike skills parks. Foul weather alternatives will be offered, if needed.
Note: Campers will need a bike with hand brakes and, at least, 24″ tires and must wear a helmet..
Basic Camp Info. for All Sessions:
- All sessions are half day starting at 8:30 AM and wrapping up at 12:30 PM. The first and last thirty minutes of each day will be dedicated to games, team building, and preparing for the day’s main activity session.
- Sessions are coed.
- Camper must be a rising 4th through rising 9th grade student. Exceptions may be requested based on the individual and prior participation in Upstate FORT events.
- Registration opens Friday, February 12th. Price per camper is $250.00. Discount of 20% for families registering multiple campers or for multiple events. Registration closes at 5:00 PM on Friday, May 14th.
- All sessions are capped at 12 campers.
- All sessions have at least a 1:4 staff to camper ratio. Staff maintain minimum levels of training or certifications related to outdoor leadership, youth programs, wilderness first aid, and arts education consistent with experiential education best practices.
- Though we make every effort to minimize risks, mountain biking is a sport with inherent risk involved that cannot be removed entirely.
- In addition to a functional bike and helmet, campers need sunscreen, a water bottle or hydration pack, and appropriate clothing. More details and daily packing lists will be emailed at least a week prior to camp.