We are excited to offer three options for day camp this summer! Like everything we do here at Upstate FORT, these camps are designed to be safe and fun, to teach skills, and develop connections with others through the shared experience.
Session 1: Mountain Biking – June 4th-8th, 2018 – Link to Registration
Session 2: Mountain Biking – June 11th-15th, 2018 – Link to Registration
Session 3: Creative Explorers – June 18th-22nd, 2018 – Link to Registration
Mountain Biking Camp
An opportunity to become confident with basic mountain biking skills over the course of a week. Starting out with skills and drills good for all rider levels, we will explore local trails, develop a base level of conditioning, and learn basic bike care. Campers will also learn how to care for themselves, the trails, and their fellow riders. This camp includes one to two field trips to other area trails or bike skills parks. Foul weather alternatives will be offered, if needed.
Note: Campers will need a bike with hand brakes and at least 24″ tires.
Creative Explorers Camp – The Ultimate Selfie
This camp experience is all about combining outdoor experiences with arts-based creativity. Campers will explore different visual art media while in the outdoors and drawing on the natural resources around them. Campers will be invited to produce a self portrait by the end of the week. We call this The Ultimate Selfie because campers will be expressing who they are and/or how they see themselves without technology or social media as a primary influence. Instead, campers will integrate their unique creative vision with the natural world.
Basic Camp Info. for All Sessions:
- All sessions are half day starting at 8:30 AM and wrapping up at 12:30 PM. The first and last thirty minutes of each day will be dedicated to games, team building, and preparing for the day’s main activity session.
- Sessions are coed.
- Camper must be a rising 4th through rising 8th grade student. Exceptions may be requested based on the individual and prior participation in Upstate FORT events.
- Registration opens Friday, February 9th. Price per camper is $225.00 between February 9th and March 31st. Between April 1st and May 18th price per camper will be $250.00. Registration closes at 10:00 PM on Friday, May 18th.
- All sessions are capped at 12 campers.
- All sessions have at least a 1:3 staff to camper ratio. Staff maintain minimum levels of training or certifications related to outdoor leadership, youth programs, wilderness first aid, and arts education consistent with experiential education best practices.
- Sessions 2 and 3 may be combined with enrollment in Camp Clemson for afternoon activities. Note: campers arriving late will not be able to participate in Camp Clemson field trips.
- In addition to clothing for activities, campers may need bathing suits, sunscreen, a water bottle or hydration pack, and towel. More details and daily packing lists will be emailed at least a week prior to camp.