Summer 2019 Day Camps
We are excited to offer two options for day camp this summer! Like everything we do here at Upstate FORT, these camps are designed to be safe and fun, to teach skills, and develop connections with others through the shared experience.
Session 1: Mountain Biking – June 3rd-7th, 2019
This session is currently full. Email email@example.com to add to the waiting list.
Session 2: Mountain Biking – June 10th-14th, 2019
Register Here for Session 2
Mountain Biking Camp
An opportunity to become confident with basic mountain biking skills over the course of a week. Starting out with skills and drills good for all rider levels, we will explore local trails, develop a base level of conditioning, and learn basic bike care. Campers will also learn how to care for themselves, the trails, and their fellow riders. This camp includes one to two field trips to other area trails or bike skills parks. Foul weather alternatives will be offered, if needed.
Note: Campers will need a bike with hand brakes and, at least, 24″ tires.
Basic Camp Info. for All Sessions:
- All sessions are half day starting at 8:30 AM and wrapping up at 12:30 PM. The first and last thirty minutes of each day will be dedicated to games, team building, and preparing for the day’s main activity session.
- Sessions are coed.
- Camper must be a rising 4th through rising 8th grade student. Exceptions may be requested based on the individual and prior participation in Upstate FORT events.
- Registration opens Friday, February 15th. Price per camper is $225.00 between February 15th and March 31st. Between April 1st and May 18th price per camper will be $250.00. Registration closes at 5:00 PM on Friday, May 17th.
- All sessions are capped at 10 campers.
- All sessions have at least a 1:4 staff to camper ratio. Staff maintain minimum levels of training or certifications related to outdoor leadership, youth programs, wilderness first aid, and arts education consistent with experiential education best practices.
- In addition to clothing for activities, campers may need bathing suits, sunscreen, a water bottle or hydration pack, and towel. More details and daily packing lists will be emailed at least a week prior to camp.