Ages: Elementary (Grades 3-5), and Middle (Grades 6-8)
Number of participants: 6-10
Duration: 2-3 hour sessions
What’s included: Instruction, snacks, fun ride
Cost: $40 per rider
Goals of this program:
- Have fun!
- Develop basic skills for riding on trails.
- Learn basic bike care.
- Become more aware of how to share your experience and support others.
- Prepare for more challenging mountain bike programs or camps.
Overview of skills (Always subject to adapt to students and weather):
- Fit and Form, knowing your bike, safety gear, and braking
- Body Position and how to adapt position to conditions
- Fundamentals like turning and navigating over or around objects like roots and rocks
Necessary Equipment: Just about any bike will do (prefer handlebar brakes), helmet, and water bottle.