Girls Ride! Program
The Upstate FORT Girls Ride! is a youth cycling club offering an empowering, shared experience for girls in Upstate South Carolina through mountain biking.
- Monthly group ride event with peers
- Skills oriented instruction
- Social development oriented games and activities
- Discounts on branded Girls Ride! mountain bike jerseys and water bottles
- 10% Discount on goods and services from Sweet Tea Cycles
- Information on how to expand biking experiences through local events, races, and scholastic cycling
Annual $40 membership covers:
- Club organization and insurance through USA Cycling
- Club administration expenses (i.e. subscription services, printing, etc.)
- Training opportunities for volunteer ride leaders
The Upstate FORT Girls Ride is also supported by Pickens County Recreation Funds.
Participation requires girls to have:
- A mountain bike in good working condition with hand brakes and 24” or larger tires*
- A well-fitted helmet
- Water carried on the bike or in a hydration backpack
- Closed toe shoes
- A liability waiver on file for the current calendar year
*Exceptions made on bike size on a case by case basis
Register here for the Girls Ride! Program
Upstate FORT is a project of The Children Are Our Future, a nonprofit organization sponsoring positive youth development programs across the United States.